Last Updated on April 7, 2020
Local U Advanced NYC is in the books, and we’d like to thank everyone who showed up last week to make the event such a big success.
Our room at the Sheraton Hotel was filled with nearly 50 small business owners, national brand managers and local marketers (in-house and agency) looking to learn everything they could about current best practices for local marketing online. Attendee feedback is already coming in and we’re super grateful for the positive words like these:
- “Great presentations and materials. Probably the best internet marketing event I ever attended.”
- “I loved the informal atmosphere and the round robin tables where you could interact directly with the faculty.”
- “Hearing in person from the best in the industry. Being able to sit down with both Bing and Google reps. The small group atmosphere that allowed easy opportunities for questions.” (answering our survey question, What did you like best about Local University Advanced?)
There’s nothing better than hearing that we delivered a day full of valuable information, tips and ideas to our attendees. Thanks again!
We’ve posted a small set of photos from Local U Advanced on Facebook — not just from the workshop, but from our faculty’s full trip to New York City, including a stop at the stunning rooftop deck of Google’s NYC offices. Have a look:
This was our final event for 2013 and it capped off a fantastic year — our fourth year together, but our first as a standalone traveling workshop and self-owned entity. It was an extremely rewarding year; not easy, but definitely rewarding!
What About Next Year?
We’re already well underway with plans for 2014. You can expect a mix of both traditional and advanced Local U events in cities across the U.S., and possibly into Canada again next year.
I can tell you that, right now, we have definitive plans for four events in the first three months of next year: two cities in Pennsylvania, one in Massachusetts and one in Texas. We’ll be able to share exact dates and cities in the very near future.
As always, keep an eye on our Upcoming Events page for details as we’re able to announce new events.
Thanks again to all our attendees, friends, supporters and blog readers for a great 2013 — we can’t wait to see you next year!
- 35 Tweets That Show What You Missed at LocalUp Advanced - February 9, 2015
- PHOTOS: Local U Advanced, Philadelphia - March 8, 2014
- LocalU 2013: Our 10 Most Popular Blog Articles - January 2, 2014