Google is highlighting businesses that have taken advantage of the Gift Card/Support feature via the Google Maps App.
Not too long ago businesses that sell gift certificates or gift cards, or who had established a “support campaign” via approved providers were encouraged to add the info to the GMB dashboard. Now Google is surfacing those links within the listings on the Maps App.
To add a Support or Gift Card element to your Google my Business:
- Login to GMB
- From the menu, click Posts
- Choose “COVID-19 support.”
- *Alternatively, click “Get support from customers” directly on the Google My Business home page.
— Joy Hawkins (@JoyanneHawkins) June 25, 2020
Adding a gift card/support campaign has a few limitations:
- Businesses must be verified before March 1, 2020.
- Businesses must have a physical storefront.
- Owners, managers, and site managers of the Business Profile can use the posts feature to add gift card and donation links.
This is great visibility for your gift card sales if you can take advantage of it!