In the last few weeks, the number of Google Maps notifications I’ve received from businesses I manage via my Google Account has steadily increased to level: annoying.
With the help of my colleague Josh Mallett, who figured out where the setting was – here’s a short video of how you can turn those GMB Messaging Notifications OFF on your iPhone!
Here are the steps:
- Go to your maps app
- Click on your photo in the upper right corner
- Click on Settings
- Click on “Notifications”
- Toggle the “Business Messaging” and, if you like “Business Listings” notification settings to “off”
Update: Tim Capper says the procedure is NEARLY the same for Android – you should be able to get the general idea from these instructions!
Here’s the link to a video on Twitter that shows you how.
Hey Local SEO friends – if you’re suddenly getting a bunch of GMB business messaging notifications on your iPhone, you can turn those off. Here’s how: pic.twitter.com/B9hljE5Ecu
— Carrie Hill 🗺️🎙️ (@CarrieHill) August 20, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending August 15, 2022 - August 15, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending July 11, 2022 - July 11, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 13, 2022 - June 13, 2022