Join Carrie and Mike as they discuss the last week in Local SEO, including what’s new at Google, Adobe’s 2022 emoji usage study, how and why pages aren’t being indexed, upcoming SEO chat on how to know if your content is helpful, LocalU Advanced Virtual, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Ford Just Made a Stunning Announcement. Here’s What It Means for Customers — Inc.
- Google hits Astroturf trail & deceives SMB in search of support for their issued – Mike Blumenthal on Twitter
- iOS 16 elevates search but still fails at local and internet search
- Comments on Adobe’s 2022 Emoji Usage Trends Survey
- Ranking Drops for Local Service Business
- Search Console Adds Section for Merchant Listing & product listing markup
- Mordy Oberstein on Diagnosing how/why pages were crawled not indexed –
- Tl:dr – complicated “cute” article titles were a handicap to G understanding what the page/post was about.
- Add more descriptive subheadings
- Carrie is doing SEO Chat – Thurs @ 1pm ET – Helpful Content – How do you know it’s helpful?
- LocalU Advanced Tickets on Nov 2 – Speakers Announced – Agenda Coming Early Next Week!
- LocalU Scholarship Application (apply for a scholarship through Sept 30)