Join Carrie and Mike as they discuss the last week in Local SEO, including what’s new at Google, the end of the Helpful Content Update rolling into the beginning of a new Core update, service area businesses losing visibility, the effect of OTC hearing aids on local audiologists, recession-proofing your brand with local marketing, LocalU Advanced Virtual, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- FTC Announces Tentative Agenda for September 15 Open Commission Meeting
- Covid-19 Illnesses Are Keeping at Least 500,000 Workers Out of U.S. Labor Force, Study Says — The Wall Street Journal – Google Search
- The impending demise of the local audiologists with the arrival of over the counter hearing aids
- SEO Services | Google Business Profile Management and Local SEO | Whitespark
- COVID-19 Google Maps updates – Google Maps Help
- Recession-Proof Your Brand with Local Marketing
- Google Maps Showing image in pin head – BrightLocal on Twitter
- Prohibited and restricted content – Maps User Contributed Content Policy Help – Rewarding someone for removing a NEGATIVE review is also against the guidelines
- Service Area Businesses Losing Visibility – Local Search Forum
- Helpful Content Update is over – no movement in fettucini alfredo SERP
- September Core Update rolling out starting this morning (9/12)
- 📹Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- 📹 Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 19, 2022 - September 19, 2022
- 📹 Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 12, 2022 - September 12, 2022