Join Carrie and guest host Elizabeth Rule as they discuss the last week in Local SEO, including what’s new at Google, continued issues with GBP suspensions, SEVEN local search updates, how to get your clients excited about link building, LocalU Advanced Virtual, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Latest product review update
- Focusing on product review pages, not user-generated reviews.
- Focus on who is writing the reviews
- Been “working on this” since 2018. Less impactful in the Local SEO space, but for those working on news websites, this is a huge pain point.
- Lily Ray retweeted Google Search Liaison about G’s partnership with the UN to “ensure accurate information about climate change is prominently displayed on Google”. Google claims third-party partnerships can NOT affect rankings – but CAN “create new SERP features in addition to regular results”
- Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/NRO/status/1578284682801717250?s=20&t=NxRMMM-74VtoN7_KZAQ98A
- Google Announces 7 Local Search Updates – at least 2 of the 7 are focused on restaurants – which are notoriously under-marketed (unless they’re a chain w/ a marketing dept)
- How To Get Your Client Excited About Local Link-Building | Kick Point
- Localu.org/nov2 – get tickets
- New LocalU website – thank you so much Chris Ratchford!!