Mike and Carrie discuss what’s new in the world of local search, including the upcoming (in person!) LocalU Advanced event in Denver this summer, Shopify’s questionable recommendations to their shop owners, upcoming webinars you should check out, what’s new at Google, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- This ‘rater’ gets paid $10 an hour to teach Google’s algorithm — and he’s not alone
- Google “More About” Search Carousel
- Tom Waddington: LSA Carousel Test
- Google Adds Guidelines for Delivery-Only Food Businesses – Local University
- https://www.shopify.com/blog/small-business-marketing – via Greg Sterling
- Joy noticed late last week that if your Q&A has questions and answers, but only ONE unanswered question – that unanswered question is the one you see in the LKP, in Maps only, not in search – saw on desktop but not on mobile.
- Google has added “this biz doesnt exist” as option to the business redressal complaint form. Via Twitter – reported at SE Roundtable
- Tickets on sale for LocalU Advanced in Denver -pre agenda pricing for the full day is $649 through May 24, 2022
- Local SEO For Ukraine – LIVE May 25, 2022
- Local SEO Strategy Webinar, June 7, 2022 – 1pm ET – Elizabeth Rule, Steve Wiideman & Ben Fisher – for now you can register w/ the Duda event bot on Facebook – will update when a direct registration link is shared –