Mike and Carrie discuss the last week in local search, including the upcoming LocalU Advanced event in Denver, the loss of friend and mentor Bill Slawski, Local SEO for Ukraine, why those “near me” brand names might not be worth registering, what’s new at Google, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Bill Slawski, mentor & friend, passes away
- Amazon tests using Flex drivers to make mall deliveries
- Union claims Apple broke federal labor law at World Trade Center store
- Google Messages RCS is being abused for ads in India
- Panic Buying Is The New Backlink
- Google Posts > Desktop Business Profiles | Local Search Forum – Offer Posts Not Surfacing – Joy Hawkins
- Local SEO For Ukraine – LIVE – Weds May 25, 2022
- Surprise: ‘Near me’ brand names don’t rank higher for ‘near me’ searches Chris Silver-Smith via Search Engine Land