Mike and Carrie discuss what’s new in the world of local search, including the value of a Local SEO bug out bag, some big changes to major retailers as brick & mortar meets virtual, Section 230 reform, what’s new at Google, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Localogy Acquires Localized Marketing News Pioneer Street Fight
- Instacart searches for a direction as its pandemic boom fades
- Ratings vs Review Text – Which is more important for buyer conversions?
- What Should Be in Your Local SEO Bug-Out Bag? A Checklist
- Google Business Profile Manager Is Going Away Early 2022 (Updated: Not Going Away)
- Google Reduces Visibility Of Business Edits With Color Changes To Updates
- Infinite Scroll on Page 1
- The politics of Section 230 reform: Learning from FOSTA’s mistakes
- White House didn’t tie Section 230 reforms to Musk | AP News
- JC Penney owners Simon and Brookfield prepared to buy Kohl’s for $8.6B, NY Post reports | Retail Dive
- Victoria’s Secret and Pink open Amazon storefront to stoke beauty sales | Retail Dive
- At Least 66.5% of Links to Sites in the Last 9 Years Are Dead
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 16, 2022 - May 16, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 9, 2022 - May 9, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 2, 2022 - May 2, 2022