Last Week in Local, Daylight Savings edition! Mike and Carrie bring you the top news from the past week in local search, including news of Uber lobbying to keep unions out of gig work, how the Vicinity Update has affected GBP name spam, 2022’s most expensive keywords, and a whole lot of great local SEO info!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- ‘Insidious and seductive’: Uber funds lobbying group campaigning to stop gig workers unionising
- Howard Lerman on LinkedIn: Tens of Millions of Accurate Listings
- 1,403,500 emails (mostly unread | 72 comments)
- Yelp’s Hidden Headwinds: Declining User Traffic and Aging Reviews
- Vicinity Update & GBP Name Spam: What Was the Real Impact?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Local SEO – Greg Gifford for BrightLocal
- Google Local Q&A Related To Your Search Feature Barry Schwartz – SERoundtable.com
- The Most Expensive Keywords For 2022 Mike Schrobo – PPC Hero/Hero Conference Blog
- Version 100 of Chrome, Firefox & Edge May Break Websites – Mark Porter, Screaming Frog Blog
- How To Debug Missing Pages In A Crawl – Screaming Frog
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 16, 2022 - May 16, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 9, 2022 - May 9, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 2, 2022 - May 2, 2022