Mike and Carrie discuss the last week in local search, including the upcoming LocalU Advanced event in Denver, what to do about missing GBP reviews, EAT’s impact on local content creation, Walmart’s battle with Amazon for online market share, what’s new at Google, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Walmart is using its thousands of stores to battle Amazon for e-commerce market share — CNBC
- How One Billionaire With a 300-Year Plan Fueled the Popping Tech Bubble
- Google Messages disables RCS ads in India as it attempts to stop abuse
- Find Google Duplicates & Analyze ALL Your Google Business Profiles
- Snapchat displays restaurant recommendations in the Snap Map
- Add rates and availability to your Google Business Profile – Hotel Center Help
- Connect your Google Business Profile via WooCommerce
- Google Image Thumbnails for Organic Results: What They Are, How They Work & Will SEO Help?
- Why EAT Inspires Local Content Creation – BrightLocal
- Google Business Profiles Bug Temporarily Drops Product Management Features For Merchant Center
- 3 Things to Know About Google’s Ad Image Extensions – Sterling Sky Inc
- LocalU Tickets – https://LocalU.org/dec22
- GBP Reviews Missing, Why and What Can You Do About It? – Local University
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 27, 2022 - June 27, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 21, 2022 - June 21, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 6, 2022 - June 6, 2022