Carrie and Mike discuss what’s new in the last week in local search -including Twitter’s new partnership with Shopify, using an effective keyword strategy to generate conversions, YouTube Shorts, some interesting information regarding hidden terms and GSC, zero-volume keyword research, what’s new at Google, and much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Twitter partners with Shopify to bring merchants’ products to Twitter Shopping
- Oh, My MUM. Or how to think SEO in the era of algorithms based on AI
- A Look at Google Local Results without ‘Self-Preferencing’
- Krystal Taing wins Google Product Expert Education Award
- Optimize Your CTA: Better Alternatives To ‘Click Here’ – Kim Krause Berg via SEJournal
- Almost Half of GSC Clicks Go to Hidden Terms – A Study by Ahrefs – Patrick Stox – Ahrefs.com
- Keyword Strategy Made Simple: How to Rank Higher and Convert More Searchers | Rio SEO – Carrie Hill, Josef Sperzel, Chad Klingensmith, & Scott McNulty
- YouTube Shorts guide: How to get noticed – Erin Jones – SterlingSky via Search Engine Land
- Effective zero-volume keyword research and why it’s important – BrightonSEO April 2022 – Mark Williams Cook – Candour/AlsoAsked
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending August 1, 2022 - August 1, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending July 25, 2022 - July 25, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending July 18, 2022 - July 18, 2022