Join Mike, Mary, and Carrie as they discuss the last week in local news through today, Monday January 25, 2021. They discuss topics such as moderating reviews on Yotpo, Google’s Australia move, LocalU Advanced Virtual on April 7, and much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- Costco is testing curbside pickup
- Top-Paid Youtube Star MrBeast Launches New Burger Chain
- How Yotpo Is Working with the FTC to Promote an Authentic Review Experience
- What Are Web Stories? from SEO Point Of View
- Do iFrames Negatively Impact SEO? We Break Down the Controversial Topic.
- Brodie Clark – Google Post Now more persistent (on Twitter)
- Google Now Shows Older Posts in the Knowledge Panel – Local University
- Google Updates The Options to Flag a Review – Local University
- How To Get A (whacko) Google Review Removed
- A Google designer takes us inside Search’s mobile redesign
- Google New Mobile Search Design Side By Side Comparison
- How we’re helping get vaccines to more people
- Google might remove search in Australia if forced to pay to link to sites
- Google: Digital Public Relations Is Not Spammy Link Building
- How high can you go with no website and no reviews?
- Google is testing Opening Dates in the Local Packs – Joy Hawkins at Localu.org
- Agency Ahead by Traject – Local SEO Looks Ahead to 2021 with Colan Nielsen –
- LocalU Correspondence Corner – Do I Have To Use My Full Name to Set Up A Google My Business Listing? –
- Colan Nielsen joins Today in Local Podcast to talk about blogging regularly and should a SMB do it?
- Outranking Tough Competitors: My One-Year Study of a Google Local Finder – Miriam Ellis at Moz.com
- Brodie Clark Pointed out the new “Price Drop” product enhancement – one more element for Local Biz to give a try.
- Webinar Alert:
Local SEO: Which Google My Business Tactics and Tools Drive Customers? Mike, Joy, Jason Barnard & Greg Sterling at SEMRush
- Get your tickets for LocalU Advanced – April 7, 2021 – All new content! Scholarships available – speakers & agenda TBA!