We recorded early so Mike and Carrie could enjoy the 3-day weekend. Happy Labor Day!
Join Mike and Carrie as they discuss how to combat Google title tag re-writes, keyword research for local search, how writing bad reviews can backfire, another fantastic LocalU Advanced (don’t worry if you missed it, you can still get the sessions on-demand!), and much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
🎟️ Get your tickets to LocalU Advanced on August 31
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- Chrome Beta Can Display Competitors When Customers Are On Your Site – SERoundtable.com
- Google Title Rewrite Checker – Via Alyeda Solis
- What Happened to Google My Business Site Managers? – Stephan Somborac – SteadyDemand.com
- New Academy Course: How to Master Local Keyword Research – Claire Carlile – Bright Local
- Wading Into Local SEO: 7 Absolute Beginner FAQs, Simply Answered – Miriam Ellis – Moz.com
- LocalU Advanced was Tuesday – great turnout, great content – if you didn’t have a ticket you can buy on demand for $125 – LocalU.org
- Sherwin Williams creates a 4% surcharge through Dec 31 – but has raised priced 6-7% 3x in 2021 AND performed over 1.6bil in stock buybacks in Q1 and Q2.
- Walmart giving more than 565,000 workers a raise – CNN.com
- Something weird going on with GMB suspensions, Posts, and adding photos.
- Unhappy with her breast implant surgery, she wrote negative reviews. Now she owes the surgeon $30K CBC.ca
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 20, 2021 - September 20, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 13, 2021 - September 13, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 3, 2021 - September 6, 2021