Today Mike, Mary & Carrie discuss the return of the 10-pack, google’s technical SEO discovery chops, common service area business GMB mistakes, great service business optimization tactics, and more.
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Kroger, blasted for ending hazard pay, gave CEO $22 million – LATimes.com
- Schema.Org Markup Validator Is Now Live (Beta) – TLDRMarketing.com
- Schema Markup Validator Bookmarklet – Sitebulb.com
- Why Google Reviews Are Important – Darren Shaw – Whitespark.ca
- Call History Data Now Rolling Out To Google My Business Dashboard – Brodie Clark Consulting
- Mask Mandates Are Going Away, COVID Anxiety Isn’t – Mike Blumental – NearMedia.co
- How Google Came to Dominate Local Reviews – Mike Blumenthal – NearMedia.co
- Google Local 10 Packs seen in the wild again – Brodie Clark via Barry Schwartz on SERoundtable.com
- GMB Competitor Audits: Rank Higher and Convert More Often – Amanda Jordan – LOCOMOTIVE Agency
- How to Fix Common Service Area Business Issues in Google My Business – Sherry Bonelli – Search Engine Journal
- How Much Does Local SEO Cost? – Gary Shouldis – 3Bug Media
- Language models like GPT-3 could herald a new type of search engine – Technology Review
- How to “Unfilter” missing Google Reviews – Jason Brown – LocalU.org
- Save the Date – LocalU Advanced August 31, 2021 – Tickets go on sale first week of June
- Good Reminder to check out how your services are named in GMB – Provides: label makes this awkward in some cases – Via Allie Margeson and Andy Simpson on Twitter
- BrightLocal’s Local Rank Flux started updating again on 5/14 – working now?
- Technical SEO Isn’t Dead, It’s More Like Walking Dead – Andrew Shotland – LSG
- 4 Tips to Optimize Google My Business for Service Business – Krystal Taing – Uberall.com