[vc_row type=”in_container” full_screen_row_position=”middle” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″ shape_divider_position=”bottom” bg_image_animation=”none”][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ column_link_target=”_self” column_shadow=”none” column_border_radius=”none” width=”1/1″ tablet_width_inherit=”default” tablet_text_alignment=”default” phone_text_alignment=”default” column_border_width=”none” column_border_style=”solid” bg_image_animation=”none”][vc_column_text]The SEO community has been abuzz over the news of the most recent Google update, dubbed the Vicinity Update by our own Joy Hawkins and the team at Sterling Sky. In addition to the Vicinity Update, Carrie and Mike discuss COVID-related changes for both Kroger and Google employees, updates to Whitespark’s Local Rank Tracker, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
Intro Discussion – The Vicinity Update
- The Vicinity Update: What You Need to Know About Google’s Largest Local Algorithm Update in 5 Years – Sterling Sky Inc
- The ‘Vicinity Update’: Winners and losers from the November 2021 local update
- Kroger ends COVID sick pay, adds insurance surcharge for unvaccinated employees — ABC News
- Google tells employees they’ll lose pay and will eventually be fired if they don’t follow vaccination rules
- RTW: County has done us no favors
- Local Rank Tracker Now Monitors Multiple Rankings
- Why Are My Google Reviews Not Publishing?
- The Vicinity Update: What You Need to Know About Google’s Largest Local Algorithm Update in 5 Years