Join Mike and Carrie as they discuss what’s new at Google My Business, businesses booming during the pandemic, our phenomenal LocalU Advanced sponsors, and the bittersweet signing off of the inestimable Mary Bowling as she retires. We’re going to miss you, Mary, but look forward to your upcoming adventures!
Last Week in Local is your one-stop source for all of the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- The Pandemic Business Boom – The Atlantic
- Yelp Reports Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results – Yelp.com
- Yelp will let businesses list their vaccination policies – TheVerge.com
- The Search Singularity: How to Win in the Era of Infinite Content – Animalz.co
- Google My Business Disables Select Categories for Service Area Businesses – Local University
- Claire Carlile Whiteboard Friday – UTM Tagging for GMB – Moz.com
- A Guide to Google My Business Services and Google My Business Products – Claire Carlile – BrightLocal
- Google Showing “Updated Today” on desktop “in stock” justifications – Brodie Clark on Twitter.
- GMB Insights are case sensitive? Via LocalSearchForum
- Thanks to our Primary and Gold LocalU Sponsors – Zipsprout and Places Scout, respectively. Get your tickets to LocalU Advanced today!
- And finally, We want to let everyone know that the inestimable Mary Bowling has officially retired from Last Week in Local! Please join us in thanking her for all she’s done for LocalU by sending her a Tweet to @marybowling with the hashtag #ThanksMary
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 20, 2021 - September 20, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 13, 2021 - September 13, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 3, 2021 - September 6, 2021