Join Mike & Carrie as they discuss the latest changes from GMB, Squarespace’s acquisition of Tock and all things LocalU Advanced this week!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Google Testing Mobile SERPS With No 3-Packs – Joy Hawkins – LocalU.org
- Breaking free of your GMB “Independence” Ranking Issue– Jason Brown – LocalU.org
- How to Get More Photos on Your Google Listing & Why It’s Important – Darren Shaw – Whitespark.ca
- Google My Business Suspension Email Notifications Barry Schwartz – SERoundtable.com
- Odd Relationships in Local Search – Phil Rozek – Local Visibility Systems
- Squarespace buys Tock – NearMemo from Nearmedia.co – https://www.nearmedia.co/episode-9/
LocalU Advanced Sponsor Info – April 7, 2021 – Tickets
- dbaPlatform is our primary sponsor for LocalU. dbaPlatform is “Mission Control: for Local Search,” a powerful suite of tools for digital marketing agencies and multi-location brands which includes local rank tracking, automated content scheduling, and enterprise reporting in a single robust dashboard.
- As a certified Google Partner, dbaPlatform has private API access to sync live inventory to Google business profiles thereby surfacing and promoting store products directly to consumers online. Use any or all of dba’s 10 core influence and automation tools to empower your local marketing and convert online buyers into local purchases. Learn more about their tools at dbaPlatform.com.
- Gold Sponsor, The Respondery helps businesses respond to their customer reviews by providing custom, on-brand review response services designed to engage and please the viewer, impress future customers, diffuse negative feedback, and expand brand loyalty on the big 3 – Google, Facebook, and Yelp. Get ahold of the team if you’re interested in this service at TheRespondery.com
- Gold Sponsor, Zipsprout connects businesses with grassroots local event, nonprofit & association sponsorships for marketing & SEO campaigns. Helmed by Linkbuilding pioneer Garrett French, their tool connects grassroots, non-profit and other organizations with businesses looking to sponsor good works in their local communities. Check them out at Zipsprout.com
- Gold Sponsor, Places Scout, offers a suite of tools that are invaluable for local rank tracking, spam fighting, and competitor monitoring. They also offer GMB Tools such as the GMB Scorecard Report & Widget – a great lead generation or sales tool that is customizable to the metrics your agency is most concerned with. They also offer the GMB Radar Change report – designed to help you monitor changes to your GMB listing(s) without looking at it multiple times a day.
- Traject joins us as a sponsor for this event. They own a suite of tools that help businesses connect with customers – via social or via review.
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending January 4, 2022 - January 4, 2022
- How To Turn Off GMB Business Messaging Notifications on iPhone or Android - August 20, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending August 2, 2021 - August 2, 2021