Mike and Carrie bring you the top news from the past week in local search. This week, they cover review platforms that are in hot water with the FTC, a decrease in brick and mortar closures, Google Maps reviews, Google Business Profile UTM tagging for multi-location businesses, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- The 10 Review Platforms Who Got FTC Warning Letters
- As 2022 kicks off, store closures are down 65%: Coresight
- Local Economics Through the Lens of Elected Officials and Organizers
- How reviews on Google Maps work
- Is This a Twitter Thread or a Blog Post?
- Google Business Profile UTM Tagging for Multi-Location Businesses – Claire Carlile via Bright Local
- Pending Changes that were stuck seem to be publishing – Joy Hawkins via Twitter
- LocalU April 5 – $99 tickets – OnDemand Included
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 16, 2022 - May 16, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 9, 2022 - May 9, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 2, 2022 - May 2, 2022