Carrie and Mike bring you the top news from the past week in local search, including what’s new with Google Business Profiles and Google Workspace Docs, interesting trends with Yelp reviews, why your favicon is missing from the SERPs, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
🎟️ Get your tickets to LocalU Advanced on April 5
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- Amazon’s sprawling grocery business has become an ‘expensive hobby’ with a cloudy future
- Bredin Report: What Content Works Best for SMB Consideration?
- 10 Ways to Beat Google Title Rewrites, Backed by Data
- Dr. Marie Haynes – Google Workspace Docs now provides document summary automatically h/t @Marie_Haynes
- Ep 52 Near Memo: David Mihm discusses whether the Doc summary feature provides an SEO tool h/t @DavidMihm
- Favi-gone: 5 Reasons Why Your Favicon Disappeared From The Google Search Results [Case Studies] h/t @glenngabe
- GBP Appointment Link is Gone?!
- How to beat the GBP Q&A bug and answer a question as the business h/t @GregGifford
- Yelp Elites and Others Paid for Fake Reviews in Plain Sight h/t @keyserholiday
- 1-Star Reviews Have Increased on Yelp for 4 Years in a Row – Joy Hawkins – Local University
- Google Just Deprecated the “Follow” Button and Welcome Offer on Google Maps Joy Hawkins – Local University
- Thinking about setting up a second Google Business Profile for your service area business? Read this before you do to make sure you don’t fall into Google’s naughty list. – Colan Nielsen – Local Search Forum
- LocalU Advanced April 5, 2022 – Great speakers, unique content – OnDemand Included – just $99