Join Mike and Carrie as they discuss the last week in Local SEO for the last time in 2022, LIVE! They’re talking about what’s new at Google, Last Week in Local is going live in the new year, Chat GPT, more Amazon news, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- Amazon Fresh Stores Have Gone Stale
- Hackers Used Amazon Ring Cameras to Livestream ‘Swatting’ Attacks
- The Voice Assistant Battle! (2023)
- Google Search In Video
- Apple Maps vs Google Maps
- Marco Giordano – 3 Great SEO tools on Twitter
- Does Upvoting a Review on Google Keep It at the Top Longer?
- Does Click-trhough Rate all order of Google reviews
- Google’s New Local Pack Full Design Now Live?
- Spotted: Google Local (GBP) Links in Google Discover feed – Colan Nielsen via Twitter
- Everything you need to know about the GBP Agency Dashboard – VIDEO – Joy Hawkins, Sterling Sky
- Using ChatGPT to make your work life easier – Schema – Regex Commands – Meta Descriptions, Directory/Citation Descriptions, bios for websites, etc.
Tip of the week – What’s the 1 thing we covered that you should read if your time is limited?
- Several Things Can Get You Filtered in GBP – Reminder: Where your address falls (inside/outside) city limits is one
- Joy Hawkins via LocalSearchForum.com (another is proximity to another business in same category (~200ft or less)- also matters if keyword is implicit vs explicit