Join Mike and Carrie as they discuss the last week in Local SEO, including what’s new at Google, more Helpful Content update, entity tool recommendations, tips for navigating the New Merchant Experience, LocalU Advanced Dallas, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- MBlumenthal – New Review filter Cliff notes on Twitter
- Google’s New Review Algo: What We Know
- Google’s cost-cutters come for Waze, will lose status as independent company
- Alex Topically.io entity mapping tool on Twitter
- Entity SEO tool for human beings
- Cyrus SEO – Sheets ML for finding underperforming pages on Twitter
- Location pages in Google’s crosshairs after October spam update
- MBlumenthal Pleper Local SEO Extension on Twitter
- Highway Five – Using ChatGPT for rep mgt in Local on Twitter
- A Thread About Google’s Local Review Filter – Mike Blumenthal
- Another Helpful Content Update – Started on 12/5 – still rolling out. What does it meannnnnn???
- How to Remove Negative Reviews on Google – Joy Hawkins – Sterling Sky Inc
- 3 Tips for the New Google Business Profile Manager Dashboard (Now Called New Merchant Experience) Joy Hawkins – Local University
- Why Are My Google Reviews Not Publishing? – Joy Hawkins – Sterling Sky Inc
- Google Maps Displays “Offer Available” Under Business Profile Pins – Found by Joy Hawkins and Amy Toman – shared by Barry Schwartz
- LocalU Advanced Dallas – Tickets; https://localu.org/upcoming-events/dfw-23/ Sponsors: https://localu.org/sponsors/
Tip of the week – What’s the 1 thing we covered that you should read if your time is limited?
A Thread About Google’s Local Review Filter – Mike Blumenthal