Join Carrie and Mike as they discuss the last week in Local SEO, including what’s new at Google, 2022 holiday marketing strategies, an “unfortunate bug” to blame for misleading reviews, LocalU Advanced Virtual, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- The Uber of ghost kitchens sucks, as Kalanick does it again
- Exclusive: Yelp to flag listings for crisis pregnancy centers
- Google Search and Maps to label with justification if facility provides abortions
- Google is testing ability to add captions to uploaded business photos (Twitter Mike B)
- Google LSA testing ability to exclude certain Zip codes (Twitter Ben Fisher)
- Google adds review alert on Nest Hub (Colan Nielsen on Twitter)
- Autism Therapy Startup Blames ‘Unfortunate Bug’ For Misleading Reviews On Its Website
- Google tests “Quick Read” annotation in SERPS (Brodie Clark on Twitter
- Mastering Local Holiday Marketing: Top Strategies for Seasonal Success in 2022 – RioSEO webinar with Elizabeth Rule, Claire Carlile, Ruben Yau, Justin Gianninoto
- Covid attributes have been removed from Google – Allie Margeson – Whitespark- Via Twitter
- Sponsorships available for LocalU Advanced Virtual – Nov 2, 2022 https://localu.org/nov2
- 📹Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- 📹 Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 19, 2022 - September 19, 2022
- 📹 Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 12, 2022 - September 12, 2022