Join Carrie and Mike as they discuss the last week in Local SEO, including what’s new at Google, DoorDash breaks up with Walmart, Apple Pay is everywhere, new BrightLocal Academy courses, LocalU Advanced Virtual, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- DoorDash is ending its delivery partnership with Walmart
- Wait, When Did Everyone Start Using Apple Pay?
- How the Find My App Became an Accidental Friendship Fixture
- Apple Maps could serve advertising to users in 2023
- A Dad Took Photos of His Naked Toddler for the Doctor. Google Flagged Him as a Criminal.
- Ep 78 Minute 8:00 Google’s Review Spam algo nukes many legit reviews
- New LSA Layout Ben Fisher on Twitter
- Google’s Content Quality & Helpfulness Questions via @aleyda via @brodieseo
- Google Maps: Your Review Isn’t Posted Email via @seroundtable via @bubblesup (Amy Toman)
- Core Web Vitals report – Search Console Help via Google Search Console Blog
- Url level info
- Clarifying explainers/text to make it clearer
- New Academy Course: How to Optimize Location Pages – BrightLocal & Claire Carlile
- LocalU Advanced Virtual, November 2 – Tickets, sponsorships, and scholarships are now available!
- 📹Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- 📹 Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 19, 2022 - September 19, 2022
- 📹 Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending September 12, 2022 - September 12, 2022