Mike and Carrie discuss what’s new in the world of local search, including top tips for a winning Local SEO strategy, what’s new with Google, how to get more reviews for your local business, spam and scam attempts, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Amazon targets rival Shopify with a new ‘Buy with Prime’ service
- Fake reviews to be illegal under new rules
- Scammers used AI-generated faces to pose as a Boston law firm
- Google Site Kit gains ideas to write about section
- The Visual Future of Local Search – Part 3
- Beware: Google Business Profile Messaging Spam & Scam Attempts – Barry Schwartz
- Google Analytics Real Time Reporting Bugs With Universal Analytics Won’t Be Fully Fixed – Barry Schwartz
- Offer Posts Appearing in a Deals tab on the GBP on Mobile – Claire Carlile via Twitter
- 4 Components of Local SEO Strategy – Duda webinar with Elizabeth Rule of Sterling Sky, Anton Schulke, Ben Fisher and Steve Wideman
- How to get reviews for local SEO: The must-do list – Erin Jones