Carrie and Mike chat about what’s new in the last week in local search, including what’s new in the ever-changing worlds of Google and Amazon, multi-search, the State of Spam Fighting, new LSA categories, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Amazon Intends to Appeal Union Victory in New York — The Wall Street Journal
- Go beyond the search box: Introducing multisearch
- Google indexing, 80% indexed in 24h, indexed or re-credited
- Stefan Somborac on thread on AI Hours Update on Twitter
- How AI and imagery build a self-updating map
- Google Local Finder Becomes a Product Finder
- Onebox preview vs overlay in maps test – spotted by Punit via Twitter
- The State of Spam Fighting: What We Learned From Analyzing 5,306 Listings in 16 Industries – Joy Hawkins via Sterling Sky
- LSAs add more categories – via Joy Hawkins on Twitter
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 16, 2022 - May 16, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 9, 2022 - May 9, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending May 2, 2022 - May 2, 2022