Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
?️ Subscribe to the Podcast
? Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
? Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
Please join us for the last week in Local Search for the week ending May 25, 2020.
Don’t Forget To Get Your Ticket to LocalU Advanced – June 3, 2020 – Tickets just $99 – 10% off with LWIL10 promo code. Full scholarships available!
- Kroger is a COVID Anti-hero – Popular.info
- Cut the middle man: Restaurants plead with customers to abandon delivery apps – NBCNews.com
- It’s tough out there. But some small businesses have prospered – TheGuardian.com
- Big Tech’s aid to small business comes with a catch – Axios.com
- Let’s hope COVID-19 isn’t a ‘mass extinction event’ for small businesses – Greg Sterling – SearchEngineLand.com
- Social Distancing Is Not Enough – TheAtlantic.com
- It’s Not All About PageRank – OHGM.co.uk
- Does Creating Backlinks to Your Google My Business (GMB) Listing Help Ranking? – Joy Hawkins, SterlingSky.ca
- Google Review Attributes Expand To New Categories – Mike Blumenthal – GatherUp.com
- When you order food through delivery apps, restaurants pay – 9News.com Denver
- NINE CHARTS THAT SHOW COVID-19’S IMPACT ON HOME SERVICE BUSINESSES – Jobber Academy. Hat tip Darren Shaw
- 20 Marketing Experts on Content that Helps Sales Reps Sell – Part 1 – Modus.com
- 20 Marketing Experts on Content that Helps Sales Reps Sell – Part 2 – Modus.com
- The truth about digital PR: what is normal when it comes to links and coverage? Shannon McGuirk – Aria
- LINK BUILDING FOR Local Relevance and TOPICAL AUTHORITY – Blake Denham & Nick Eubanks
- GMB Adds “Manage insurance info for your practice” Section to Help Center – Colan Nielsen, LocalU.org
Special thank you to our LocalU Gold sponsor PlacesScout. They are a multi-faceted tool for examining and monitoring a variety of local SEO functions such as map rankings. Check out their GMB Radar Change which monitors and notifies you of changes to your Google Business Listing – whether it was initiated by a user or an account manager.