Last Updated on May 11, 2020
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
📺 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
Please join us for the last week in Local Search for the week ending May 11, 2020.
- Luxury retailer Neiman Marcus files for bankruptcy as it struggles with debt and coronavirus fallout – CNBC.com
- Uber and Lyft face worker misclassification lawsuit from CA Attorney General and city attorneys – Techcrunch.com
- Changes in Consumer Behavior: Rising Retail Categories – ThinkWithGoogle.com
- Clio’s COVID-19 Impact Research Briefing: May 4 – Clio.com
- Georgia Opens For Business – Consumers Turn Out for Salon Services and Dining – Foursquare.com
- I Hired a Team of Secret Shoppers to Find Out How Businesses Were Opening in Dallas. It’s Not Good. – BlogMaverick.com
- 120+ Online Review Statistics You Need to Know in 2020 – GatherUp
- The 2020 Cyfe Data Drive Contest – MyTraject.com
- Promote curbside pickup in your local inventory ads – Blog.Google
- The New, Drastically Improved, Local Citation Finder – Darren Shaw – Whitespark.ca
- April 2020 Local Algorithm Update – Colan Nielsen – LocalU.org
- Is Your Google My Business Listing Getting Filtered? Joy Hawkins – SterlingSky.ca
- Should You Respond To Old Reviews? – Aaron Weiche – GatherUp
- If you use COVID-19 Posts in GMB, you lose your regular GMB posts visibility – Tim Capper – Twitter.com
- COVID-19 Testing Data for Google Business Profiles Can Now be Submitted to Third Party
- LocalU Advanced Virtual on June 3 now only $99 – use code LWIL10 for 10% off! Scholarships are available – more details at LocalU.org.
- Places Scout – Gold Sponsor of LocalU – Check out their Geo-Matrix Ranking Reports. This allows you to see a grid of rankings on a map for a specific keyword over time – complete with a downloadable gif that you can share with your clients/team!