Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 15-18 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
Please join us for the last week in Local Search for the week ending March 30, 2020.
- As Uber And Airbnb Ask For Bailouts, Critics And Workers Aren’t Buying It – Forbes.com
- New York Gig Workers Win Right to Unemployment Benefits – Bloomberglaw.com
- Cambridge restaurants step up to feed homeless, shelters during coronavirus crisis – BostonHerald.com
- Google Lifts Chain Restrictions for Google Posts – Reputation.com
- @GoogleMyBiz is looking for ideas on how to better utilize Business Profiles across any/every industry during Covid emergency via Mike B. at Twitter.com
- Stay up to date with Google My Business Changes during COVID-19 Mandates – Joy Hawkins – LocalU.org
- Help for SMBs from SEOs and Marketers in the US
- Help for SMBs from SEOs and Marketers in the UK
- Free Trial Toolkit for Freelancers:
- Restaurant Carousel updated to show Takeout and Delivery first – SERoundtable.com via Mordy Oberstein Tweet
- Operating During COVID-19: Helpful Tips for Local Businesses – Miriam Ellis via Moz.com
- “Hours or services may vary” messages on LKPs and 3-packs – Mike Yem via Twitter
- Live with Search Engine Land: Local SEOs talk ‘buggy’ Google My Business, COVID-19 – Greg Sterling, Mary Bowling, Krystal Taing, Niki Mosier, Adam Dorfman – SearchEngineLand.com
- Adapting Your Reputation Strategy During Challenging Times – Jessie Low – Whitespark.ca