It’s that time of the month again, time to view the updates to The Expert’s Guide to Local SEO.
- I frequently get questions on which attributes result in icons so I decided to start a list of what icons exist and what categories they are associated with. This will be a work in progress so I will update it regularly.
- Updated the GMB Agency dashboard section to clarify what you need to do to get added to a Location Group.
- Updated the 3-pack ads section to reflect the layout of the new Google Ads dashboard
- Changed all instances of “AdWords” to Google Ads
- Updated the Advanced Verification section as it’s now rolled out to more than just locksmiths & garage door companies and is now in Canada.
- Deleted the customer actions bug in Google My Business Insights as it no longer applies.
- Added a section to GMB Insights to explain how Search Queries work and why they don’t match Search Console.
- Added a page that expands more on what happens when you get a soft suspension (account suspension) and what steps to take to get it reinstated.
- Updated the timeline of updates to include everything that’s happened so far in September.
- Google removed 9 GMB categories. Updated the category change list.
This is a big list of updates – if you haven’t already purchased the full Expert’s Guide to Local SEO, and then subscribed to the updates – be sure you get that done ASAP!
- LocalU Correspondence Corner – Do I Have To Use My Full Name to Set Up A Google My Business Listing? - January 21, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for 1/19/2021 - January 18, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local January 11, 2021 - January 12, 2021