It’s that time again, Joy has updated The Expert’s Guide to Local SEO and it has reached a whopping 249 pages this month! This was a jam-packed month of updates, so make sure you review the list below and get your copy ASAP, because you’re missing out on some cutting edge Local SEO content from a Google Top Contributor!
Here were the items updated in March 2018
- Added a timeline of changes to algorithms, bugs, features, and policy changes that impact Local SEO.
- Added information on what updated for local businesses with the March 9th algorithm update including a pretty significant change impacting GMB categories.
- Added a section that explains how secondary updates work.
- Added a section showing the different features that are only available in specific versions of the GMB dashboard.
- Added a section about the new business description in GMB and what you need to know about it.
- Added a tip for the website field in GMB and how to avoid Google from denying a bulk verification request.
- Added a page that explains how to troubleshoot possible issues that might be impacting driving directions on Google Maps.
- Added a section to the timeline for March 16th regarding a change that impacted users that do a lot of editing on Google Maps.
- Added a section clarifying if it’s okay with Google for a user to review both the practice and practitioner listing.
- Added another page listing 4 other scenarios and multiple examples of when Google will remove reviews (both negative and positive)
- Added a section clarifying what the penalty is for having a lot of reviews that violate Google’s guidelines.
- Added a section clarifying what types of Q&A content Google filters and how to see if your answer got filtered.
- Added a way to see all posts from a business.