It’s May! We’re nearly to summer, are you ready?
Joy is so very close to releasing the guide in a searchable, subscription based, website format – easier to update, and easier for you to find the things that are important, quickly! Hopefully we have usernames and passwords to you soon!
April’s updates include the following:
- Added a tip for how to avoid getting a suspension on your listing.
- Updated the section on how to report a fake listing.
- Updated the page for contacting Google My Business to update changes to the forum & add the redressal form.
- Updated all references to the Google My Business forum to reflect its new location and the inability to report spam there.
- Updated the list of Help Articles to follow and included the new announcements page for Google My Business.
- Added a section on things to know about editing on Google Maps & the Local Guides program.
- Updated the section on how to track GMB activity in Search Console.
- Updated the section on how to format UTM codes in GMB.
- Updated the List of GMB Categories to show the 11 categories Google My Business added in the last few months and the 1 they removed.
- Deleted one of the tricks for figuring out what GMB category to use as it no longer works and the method added last month works better.
- Updated the section for how to fix the photo Google is showing in the Knowledge Panel.
- Updated the Moving your Business section to clarify if moving locations causes a decrease in ranking.
- Added a case study from a business we work with who recently moved.
- Added a section clarifying why it’s so important to be aware of Google My Business category changes and how it impacts ranking.
- Added a section that clarifies if optimizing for near me terms is a strategy that works.
- Video: Last Week in Local for July 6, 2021 - July 6, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 28, 2021 - June 28, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 21, 2021 - June 21, 2021