It’s June, already! Joy Hawkins has updated her Expert’s Guide to Local SEO and, as usual, this update is info-packed. Pay special attention to her new sections on utilizing data and analytics for your Google MyBusiness listing in Google Analytics and Google Search Console – great info!
Here is the list of updates for the month!
- Added a section showing how you can get an attribute on your listing that doesn’t show up as an option in the dashboard.
- Added a checklist of items you’ll need to pass Advanced Verification.
- Updated step 1 on the section on tracking to include a different tool since the previous one is no longer free.
- Added a section to clarify how to track Google My Business traffic in Google Analytics.
- Added a section to show how to track Google My Business traffic in Search Console.
- Added a section that clarifies if there is a difference between flagging a review publicly vs inside the GMB dashboard.
- Updated the timeline of updates to include everything that’s happened so far in May.
- Added a few sections about Google Posts:
- What should you post about?
- How to format a button image to make it look good across all devices.
- Added a tool that can be used to schedule posts in advance.
- LocalU Correspondence Corner – Do I Have To Use My Full Name to Set Up A Google My Business Listing? - January 21, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for 1/19/2021 - January 18, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local January 11, 2021 - January 12, 2021