Happy 151st Episode – Last Week in Local Viewers & Readers!
Join Mike & Carrie as they discuss FTC’s findings on companies that limit who can work on their equipment, how keyword stuffing in GMB has real-world implications, and bugs from BrightLocal’s Rank Flux tool and Google’s LSA Bidding SFAFU.
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- The FTC weighs in on repair restrictions – FTC.gov
- Only 4% Opting-in, FB’s Nextdoor Clone, Online Impulse Buyer – Greg Sterling – NearMedia.co
- The real-world impact of keyword stuffing in Google My Business – Colan Nielsen – SterlingSky.ca
- Does Having GMB Posts Help or Hurt Google Rankings? – Ben Fisher – LocalU.org
- in 2017 Opposition to Net Neutrality Was Faked by ISPs, New York AG Says – NY Times via Greg Sterling
- Google Updates Workflow for contacting support – via FrancastroKW on Twitter
- BrightLocal Local Rank Flux Tool broken – sent out an email indicating it was a possible bug. Hasn’t been updated since May 6
- Glitch reported in LSAs around 5/6 that caused inflated spending – changed bid mode from maximize leads to max per lead- via lenraleigh and Tom Waddington on Twitter
- How to Get Review Notifications When You Manage Over 100 Google My Business Listings – Joy Hawkins – Sterlingsky.ca
- Video: Last Week in Local for the Week Ending June 14, 2021 - June 14, 2021
- Video: Obtaining a Personal Brand Panel – A Discussion with Jason Barnard - June 7, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 7, 2021 - June 7, 2021