Mary, Mike & Carrie discuss the last week’s local search & SEO news. Info & news from Google Marketing Live, Amazon’s Sidewalk “opt-out”, Scholarship linkbuilding & more.
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Coalition of labor and advocacy groups seek return of the mask – Timesunion.com
- Employers Can (Mostly) Require Vaccines For Workers Returning To The Office – NPR.org
- Stefan Somborac – Google allows phone number to be hidden (on Twitter)
- Mike Blumenthal – New Local Finder test with location and LSA ads (on Twitter)
- The Ultimate Guide to Practitioner Listings on Google My Business – Joy Hawkins – SterlingSky.ca
- Confessions of a Google Local Guide – Mike Blumenthal – NearMedia.co
- Google launches new ad formats for local campaigns and pickup later option for local inventory ads – Barry Schwartz – SearchEngineLand.com
- New From Google Marketing Live: Hotel Ads, Local Ad Campaigns, Product Feeds, Customer Match & More – Barry Schwarts – SERoundtable.com
- Jobber and Google Partner to Help Home Service Businesses Book New Work with Local Customers – Businesswire.com
- Amazon devices will soon automatically share your Internet with neighbors – ArsTechnica.com
- Colan Nielsen on Building Your Unique Local SEO Playbook – Colan Nielsen, Kristian Bannister – BrightLocal.com Adventures in Local Search podcast
- Does Upvoting a Review Help it Show Up Higher on Google? – Joy Hawkins – SterlingSky.ca
- Google Cites Scholarship Links in a Manual Action Penalty – Roger Monti via SearchEngineJournal