Last week in local 9/25/2017
Join Local U for the latest public episode of Last Week in Local, a weekly conversation about the articles that attracted our attention during the past week ending September 25th, 2017. This week features Joel Headley & Mary Bowling.
If you have a special topic you would like us to discuss for our other weekly feature, the Deep Dive in Local, or if you would like to be on one or the other of our segments, reach out and send us the topic and your availability. If you are interested in sponsoring this weekly show also please let us know.
Let us know what you think. Welcome to Last Week in Local!
SuperEarly Bird Special Ending
Join Joel, Mike, Joy & others
Google adding export functionality to index coverage report.
— Glenn Gabe (@glenngabe) September 22, 2017
iOS Google App has content recommendations, which can move users away from one site and on to another.
Siri web search switches back to Google, but, powered by Search API, they aren’t personalized, tracked, or with some features.
Rick Osterloh, hired last year at Google, to unify hardware efforts brings in house phone hardware expertise from those that worked on Pixel at HTC.
Microsoft launching health care division, focused on machine learning and perhaps gathering data via wearables.
Indian transit agency begins to add GPS to buses so that Google Maps gets more useful
Investments in HERE mapping: are they paying off?
Kohl’s gets further in bed with Amazon
Phil Rosek’s advice on using review “encouragement” software.He points out some of the pitfalls you may encounter and encourages you to really learn to understand the process before relying on software to do everything for you.
“Beacons help mobile devices determine a user’s location more accurately. When a user’s smartphone has a better understanding of their location, you can unlock a wide range of new features, and set up your business to use location-related features across Google:
- Help your business show up on personal maps or saved places, where users have opted in to Location History.
- Gather photos, reviews, and other user-generated content for your business from people who’ve actually visited.
- Provide features like Popular times and typical visit duration to help customers plan their visit to your business.
- Help provide Location Insights about how customers engage with your store. Visit your Google My Business Insights Page to learn more.
- Access more features as they become available.”
#1 Tip from Each of 50 SEOs on Attorney Marketing
Don’t forget to join us tomorrow for:
- Video: Last Week in Local 8/17/20 - August 17, 2020
- Google My Business Rolling Out New Direct Edit Experience - August 13, 2020
- Google Now Offering Fee Based Business Profile Enhancement to LSA Users - July 22, 2020