Carrie, Mary, and Mike discuss Google’s Small Business Advisors, the FTC’s resolution with MoviePass, Rating Pins on Maps, Relations in GMB and much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Operators of MoviePass Subscription Service Agree to Settle FTC Allegations that They Limited Usage, Failed to Secure User Data – FTC.gov
- How Local Delivery Stops App Giants From Eating Restaurants’ Lunch – NearMedia.co
- Video: Obtaining a Personal Brand Panel – A Discussion with Jason Barnard – Local University
- Google Local Spam Hall of Fame: Just How Long Can a Google My Business Name Be? – Blumenthals.com
- Google Local Spam Hall of Fame: We Have Some (real?) Winners – Blumenthals.com
- 79 Best SEO Chrome Extensions (With Tips & Screenshots) – Olga Zarzeczna – SEOSly.com
- Google Launches Small Business Advisors Beta – LocalU.org
- Become a Street Fight Thought Leader | Street Fight
- Average rating pins showing on Map – Tim Capper via Twitter
- Chrome showing desktop notifications – Claire Carlile via Twitter
- What are “Relations” in Google My Business – Joy Hawkins – SterlingSky.ca
- Delivery Button Showing in Local Pack – Sarah Blocksidge – via Twitter
- ICYMI: Whitesparks List of Hidden Address Citation Sites – Whitespark.com
- LocalU Tickets on Sale – just $99 – Scholarships available! – LocalU.org