Join Mary Bowling, Mike Blumenthal, and special guest Jason Barnard as they discuss the weeks’ news in local search & SEO
Then hop over and watch their discussion about obtaining a Personal Brand Panel, with tactics and strategy.
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Speaking Pitches for LocalU August 3 – LocalU.org
- The Englishman trying to save American bookstores from Amazon via Benedict Evans on Twitter
- Resisting Amazon: An Interview with Author and Bookstore Owner, Danny Caine – Miriam Ellis va NearMedia.co
- New York State to Revolutionize Antitrust – Matt Stoller via Substack
- Moz acquired by iContact, a subsidiary of J2 Global – SearchEngineLand.com
- Google Won’t Remove Negative Reviews That are Constantly Updated – Joy Hawkins – Local University
- Google My Business (GMB) Deprecates ShortNames – Ben Fisher – Local University
- Google Adds Label – New On Google – Joy Hawkins – Local University
- Amazon, Google and Facebook will be hit hard by the G-7 tax deal. Here’s how they responded
- – CNBC.com
- 8 Ways to Champion Animals in Your Local Business Marketing Strategy – Miriam Ellis – Moz.com
- If You’re Not Using the Products Feature in GMB, You’re Missing Out!– Darren Shaw – Whitespark.ca