Join Mike and Carrie as they discuss how to increase leads using images, Amazon’s AI punishing delivery drivers, and a whole lot of things happening at Google -including GMB attribute updates, ranking info, and some changes that hotels should be aware of.
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Amazon’s AI-powered cameras punish its delivery drivers when they look at side mirrors or when other cars cut them off, report says
- Is Bloomie’s the future of department stores?
- Scrape Google Suggest at scale – Antoine Eripret
- Google rolls out ticket booking links, ‘Things to do’ ads and an eco-certified badge for hotels
- Introducing Things to do on Google – Hotel Center Help
- Google SERP Feature Notes – Brodie Clark Consulting
- How to Use Images to Increase Leads [2 Local SEO Case Studies]
- GMB adds Latino-led Attribute – spotted by Colan Nielsen on Twitter
- Red Attributes text in GMB
- Google Local Filler Content Isn’t Good UX, and Needs Revisions
- Semantic Relevance of Keywords
- Google 200 Ranking Signals Figure Is Misleading
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending January 17, 2022 - January 18, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending January 10, 2022 - January 10, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending December 20, 2021 - December 20, 2021