Join Mike and Carrie as they discuss wins and upsets in the world of local SEO – from Walmart’s newfound online momentum, Google’s newest SERP changes that are frustrating the auto industry, and news about our recent AND upcoming LocalU Advanced events! This is an action-packed episode giving you a whole week’s worth of updates and information all in one convenient place.
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
🎟️ Get your tickets to LocalU Advanced on August 31
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- Walmart+ is gaining momentum, hits 32 million members, Deutsche Bank estimate
- What Reviews Tell Us About How Walmart Is Really Doing
- Court: Just Because An Anonymous Yelp Reviewer Is Mean, Doesn’t Mean You Get To Unmask The Reviewer
- Detecting Brand Penetration Over Geographic Locations – Go Fish Digital
- WhatsApp launches test of in-app business directory
- Twitter’s GMB Profile, Intuit’s $12B Strategy, Transatlantic Privacy Fail
- Dave Smart on Twitter – Robots.txt tester
- Page Experience Update Measurable
- Cloudflare adds automated Signed Exchanges for Google Search
- Zyppy SEO — Higher Google Rankings & Traffic
- Survey Reveals That UGC Can Drive Improved Trust and Loyalty for eCommerce Brands
- Do Images Impact Ranking on Google?
- Reviews on Independent Sites
- Mike Blumenthal on Twitter review solicitation tactic/idea
- Google Upsets Auto Retail Industry With New Automobile Search Features – Barry Schwartz – SERoundtable.com
- Key Learnings from LocalU Advanced, August 2021 – Claire Carlile – BrightLocal
- Weird new ad format = squeezing 2 line ads between organic results in the local finder
- Speaker lineup announced for LocalU Advanced!
- Google Hotel Search Listings Drops Website Button – Then gives it back. Barry Schwartz – SERoundtable