Join Carrie and special guest host Zach as they discuss how to create the best local landing pages, what’s new at GMB, YouTube Shorts, Google getting Instagram and TikTok videos indexed, a possible algorithm update, and what’s new in the SERPs on this week’s episode of Last Week in Local!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Mobile images on Desktop – Joy Hawkins via Twitter
- Indented SERPs More Visible – Joy Hawkins via Twitter
- YouTube Shorts: An Introductory Guide – Greg Jarboe via SearchEngineJournal.com
- Google Working on Indexing Instagram & TikTok Videos – Matt Southern – Search Engine Journal
- Best Local Landing Pages: A Blueprint – Carrie Hill – BrightLocal
- How to find a lost CID# to submit issues to GMB forum Thread shared by Colan Nielsen via LocalSearchForum.com
- Does Adding Photos in Google My Business Increase Ranking? [Case Study] Joy Hawkins – Sterling Sky
- how to see title tag rewrites using ahrefs – Easy Peasy – shared by Brodie Clark via Twitter
- Huge Google Search Ranking Algorithm Update On 10/2 & 10/3 – Unconfirmed – Via Barry Schwartz at SERoundtable.com
- Google Starts Testing GMB Offer Posts as Justifications and Also within Location Panels– Brodie Clark via Twitter
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending January 17, 2022 - January 18, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending January 10, 2022 - January 10, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending December 20, 2021 - December 20, 2021