Join Carrie and Mike as they talk about how ratings and reviews affect local SEO, what’s new at Amazon, review carousels in local finder results, Tesco’s first checkout-free store, and more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
🎟️ Get your tickets to LocalU Advanced on August 31
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- Amazon Logistics now ships more US parcels than FedEx: Pitney Bowes
- Amazon launches in-store pickup option for items from local businesses
- Amazon Goes BOPIS, ISP Secret Surveillance, Apple Bites Snap
- FTC_staff_report on lack of mobile ISP privacy
- Lindsey Gamble – Instagram testing search by photo feature
- How Many Leads Does Google My Business (GMB) Drive?
- Webinar: The Local SEO Firehose | The State of Local Search in 2022
- A Tale of Two Panels: Knowledge Panels and Google My Business for Colleges & Universities – Brandon Schmidt via the LocalU Blog
- Tesco opens ‘GetGo’ their first checkout-free store, this one in High Holborn, central London. – Steve Collinge on Twitter
- How ratings and reviews impact local SEO – Ben Fisher – SEMRush.com
- Google My Business Crowd Attributes For LGBTQ+ Friendly & Transgender Safespace Barry Schwartz – SERoundtable.com (via Claire, Andrew Bullimore, and Joy on Twitter)
- “We’re seeing lots of review carousels popping up in the last few days in local finder results – Damian Rollison via Twitter