Carrie and Mike discuss all the best news in local search from the past week, and this past week was a good one! This week they’re discussing retail automation, disappearing GMB categories, a hotel calling the police on a granny over some hurt feelings, Apple maps, more local search news, and our awesome sponsors for next week’s LocalU Advanced event!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- The Automation Charade
- Starbucks, Amazon Go open cashier-less store concept in NYC
- GMB to GBP: 3 Invitations for Google to Alter Their Indifference towards SMBs
- Google Maps Adds Pickup At Kroger, Restaurant Price Ranges, More Indoor Navigation & More
- Apple Maps – the Road to Discovery – Part 1
- 99 Problems: Realtor Local SEO Ain’t One
- 99 Problems: Local SEO for Dentists Ain’t One
- Hotel calls police on grandma after a bad review
- dozens of healthcare Categories disappeared from the Google Business profiles dashboard.
- I’d like to take this chance to shout out to our LocalU Advanced Sponsors for the November 30th event. We’re lucky enough to again have Places Scout sponsoring LocalU. Mark Kabana and the team at PS really go the extra mile to make tools that help local SEOs get on track and complete tasks – from map grid rankings, to historic screenshots of SERPs, to competitor tracking and reporting that can help with spam fighting – definitely a really great tool for any Local SEO to have in their arsenal. PlacesScout.com
- Again returning to LocalU Advanced as a sponsor is the incredible team at Whitespark. Whitespark made its name in the citation game, but they offer Local SEO as well as the Local Search Ranking Factors study. Their ranking and reporting tool is unparalleled, their SEO knowledge & writing/newsletter is must-watch SEO, and they curate and share the Whitespark Local Search Summit every year – which is definitely worth the price of admission. Whitespark.ca
- A first-time sponsor for this event is The Transparency Company. Curtis Boyd and his team are building a world-class tool to help agencies determine where fake reviews are showing up for their clients (or if their prospects are faking reviews) – they also guide you through how to report and clean this up with a tool you can subscribe to and a Chrome extension. AskForTransparency.com
- Another first-time sponsor, but long-time attendee is Dan Vance and the Advanced Local team. They have developed a specialty in automotive repair LocalSEO serving clients in the US and Canada. Their team covers the gambit from GBP optimization and ranking to traditional SEO, Social Media, and a variety of paid ads platforms. AdvancedLocal.com
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending November 22, 2021 - November 22, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending November 15, 2021 - November 15, 2021
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending November 8, 2021 - November 8, 2021