Join the staff from Local University as they discuss some of the most significant and interesting developments Last Week in Local Search. We discuss how much local ranking fluctuations change, managing GMB insurance info, Google News in AUS, LocalU Advanced on April 7, and much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Ranking Fluctuations: How Much Do Local Rankings Change? – Whitespark.ca
- Does Optimizing Content for “Near Me” Work for Local SEO? Sterling Sky Blog
- GMB Insurance Info Management for Healthcare Providers – Localu.org
- Search for COVID-19 vaccination locations and testing centers – Google Maps Help
- Bill to Make Facebook, Google Pay for News Clears Last Major Hurdle in Australia – Wall Street Journal
- Localized Marketing Benchmarks for Property – MeetSoci
- GMB Review Removal Rate Fairly Quick (outside U.S) – Tim Capper via Twitter
- SEO Strategy vs. Tactics: What’s the Difference? A Lot! – Stoney deGeyter at Search Engine Journal
Thanks so much to our LocalU Sponsors!!
dbaPlatform is our primary sponsor for LocalU
- dbaPlatform is “Mission Control: for Local Search,” a powerful suite of tools for digital marketing agencies and multi-location brands which includes local rank tracking, automated content scheduling, and enterprise reporting in a single robust dashboard. As a certified Google Partner, dbaPlatform has private API access to sync live inventory to Google business profiles thereby surfacing and promoting store products directly to consumers online. Use any or all of dba’s 10 core influence and automation tools to empower your local marketing and convert online buyers into local purchases. Learn more about their tools at dbaPlatform.com.
- Gold Sponsor, The Respondery helps businesses respond to their customer reviews by providing custom, on-brand review response services designed to engage and please the viewer, impress future customers, diffuse negative feedback, and expand brand loyalty on the big 3 – Google, Facebook, and Yelp. Get ahold of the team if you’re interested in this service at TheRespondery.com
- Gold Sponsor, Zipsprout connects businesses with grassroots local events, nonprofit & association sponsorships for marketing & SEO campaigns. Helmed by Linkbuilding pioneer Garrett French, their tool connects grassroots, non-profit and other organizations with businesses looking to sponsor good works in their local communities. Check them out at Zipsprout.com
- Gold Sponsor, PlacesScout, offers a suite of tools that are invaluable for local rank tracking, spam fighting, and competitor monitoring. They also offer GMB Tools such as the GMB Scorecard Report & Widget – a great lead generation or sales tool that is customizable to the metrics your agency is most concerned with. They also offer the GMB Radar Change report – designed to help you monitor changes to your GMB listing(s) without looking at it multiple times a day.
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending June 13, 2022 - June 13, 2022
- 10 Reasons You Need To Attend LocalU Advanced – Denver 2022 - June 9, 2022
- Video: Last Week in Local for Week Ending January 4, 2022 - January 4, 2022