Carrie and special guest Elizabeth Rule, LocalU Faculty and Sterling Sky Dream Team member, discuss the last week in news – including Google healthcare maps listing messes, Google Ads product & their poor 3rd party advice, the end of the May broad core update from Google, the new Yep.com, and much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Ahrefs creates yep.com
- Twitter removes nofollow attribute from links in tweets – Chris Silver Smith at Search Engine Land
- Google May 2022 core update is finished rolling out – Search Engine Land
- Discussing the early effects of the Google May core update – Marie Haynes
- Protect the Hours of Operation on Your GBP from Unwanted Google Edits – Moz – Miriam Ellis
- How AI and imagery build a self-updating map – Google Product Blog
- 37% of Google Maps results for abortion services in trigger states directed people to fake clinics, nonprofit says – Business Insider
- Check air quality index right on Google maps (iPhone and android) – Google Product Blog
- John Oliver Last Week Tonight (HBO) – Via iPullRank on Twitter
- Video Page Indexing Report Beta In Google Search Console – SERoundtable.com
- Google Ads To Address Concerns Over Third-Party Sales Solicitations & Poor Advice – SERoundtable.com