Welcome to the new year! Mike and Carrie discuss some interesting features from maps, a semantic geographic patent from Google, the upcoming LocalU Advanced on April 5th, and much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
- Amazon’s Alexa Stalled With Users as Interest Faded, Documents Show
- Alexa tells 10-year-old girl to touch live plug with penny
- Barry Adams: On average Shopify now has better Core Web Vitals than AMP and WordPress lags
- The Influence of Local Guides on Google Reviews: Part 2
- Google now lets you place products at the top of your local and Maps listing
- An Image Content Analysis And A Geo-Semantic Index For Recommendations
- Update to College/University knowledge panels – Brandon Schmidt, via Twitter
- Google Local Results Displays Bike Icon & Car Charging Icon – Barry Schwartz, SERoundtable.com
- Low-quality translated pages on-site can drag down your main language high-quality pages. Via Glen Gabe on Twitter