Join Mike and Carrie as they discuss the last week in Local SEO, LIVE in the new year! They’re talking about what’s new at Google, Google Removing Legit Reviews, Google Map Reviews, GBP Landing Pages, upcoming webinars, LocalU Dallas, and so much more!
Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
🎙️ Subscribe to the Podcast
🎥 Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
📧 Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
💬 Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- TikTok is driving an offline lift in sales for some brands
- Bright lights and snazzy mannequins: Walmart rolls out sleek new store designs
- Ep 100: How digital agencies can use AI: a conversation with Joy Hawkins & Kevin Indig
- Google Search’s guidance about AI-generated content | Google Search Central Blog | Google Developers
- The Role of AI Content in SEO
- Google Local Review Filters Removed Many Legit Reviews, Google Restoring Reviews
- An update on how we moderate Google Maps reviews
- Breaking News: Any Vehicle Dealer Can Now List Inventory On GBP
- Book Now Lead Capture Now Available for Lawyer LSAs – Local University
- Google Paris Event – The Verge
- No citation in results (boo)
- Maps and image demo didn’t seem to work right?
- Answers in live demo were inaccurate
- Overall – meh.
- Is Bing the winner here?
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet to Google Business Profile Landing Pages – Elizabeth Rule
- LocalU – April 26 in Dallas
Tip of the Week:
- Overlooked and Underrated Tactics for Local SEO Success – BrightLocal (photos, reviews, traditional SEO factors, category changes, Q&A, etc.
- Thanks to @JoyanneHawkins @BubblesUp @clairecarlile @ColanNielsen @GregGifford @imcrystalhorton @Plotboilers (amongst others) for sharing!
- And if you still have a little time – register for this:
- Aaron Weiche Webinar – February 15, 2023, at 12 ET – The Need for Leads