Last Week in Local is a look back at the interesting and important articles from the previous week. It is 20-30 minutes long and covers critical industry trends, interesting local news, and tactical insights for anyone interested in Local Search.
?️ Subscribe to the Podcast
? Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
? Subscribe to the LocalU/Sterling Sky Newsletter
? Join the LocalU Premium Forums
- Amazon Introduces New Hand-Scanning Payment Option in Its Stores – Daringfireball.net
- Powell’s Books has had enough of Amazon – RetailDive.com
- Navigate safely with new COVID data in Google Maps – Blog.Google.Com
- American faces prison in Thailand over bad hotel review – The Guardian
- What families love: Obits turned into FB ads – LocalMediaInsider.com
- 10 Bootstrap Ways to Grab More of Your Service Area in Local Search – LocalVisibilitySystem.com
- How To Get A (whacko) Google Review Removed – Gatherup.com
- Video: Drew Madore on how “black hat SEO” has changed over the years – Barry Schwartz – Search Engine Land
- Bring Business Back: 9 Local Marketing Ideas to Try During COVID-19 – My Frugal Business.com
- How to Take Amazing Photos to Promote Your Local Business – MyLocal.org.uk
- October 2020 Google My Business Insights Update – Colan Nielsen – Sterling Sky, Inc.
- Choosing your primary category – proceed with caution Updated – by Krystal Taing of Uberall
- LocalU Advanced Virtual – Nov 10, 2020 benefitting I Live Again Uganda.
- GMB Changes video file size from 100MB to 75MB via Joy on Twitter
- GMB Name Spam Rampant in Google Screened Lawyer Ads – Via Tom Waddington on Twitter
- Joy talks Lawyer Local SEO with Casey Meraz on the Lawyer Mastermind Podcast