My colleague Zach Mallett just noticed that Google updated their options for flagging a review inside the Google My Business dashboard. This is what it looks like:
- The descriptions below each option weren’t there before. This is new and extremely helpful as it makes it much easier for a business owner to see which option they should choose. It also gives greater insights into what types of reviews are actually against Google’s guidelines.
- Previously there was only one option called “hateful, violent, or innapropriate”. This has been split up into 3 specific ones: Profanity, bullying or harassment, and discrimination and hate speech.
- The personal information option is new.
- They also have a new page that shows up after you select the violation type which clarifies that it takes 3 business days for Google to review the request. This was something that a lot of people weren’t aware of previously so this messaging makes it much clearer.
To see an image of what it used to look like, check out the screenshot in this article by Whitespark:
- Possible Ranking Update on February 24, 2021 - February 26, 2021
- Google Adding Stars to Review Snippets - February 3, 2021
- Google is Testing Opening Dates in the Local Packs - January 25, 2021