Last Updated on April 7, 2020
This month’s updates to The Expert’s Guide to Local SEO have been published, and if you haven’t purchased your copy yet – now is a great time to make the investment in your Local SEO future!
Now up to 212 pages, Joy has added over 30 pages since she first published the guide in April.
Along with the brand-new updates this month – we’re rolling out a new deal on subscriptions to updates and the LocalU Forums. If you buy your guide now, you have the opportunity to subscribe to monthly updates AND membership in the LocalU Forums for the low cost of $99 per month. This is an amazing deal and saves you $60 a month over purchasing them separately.
Here are the updates published in September:
- Added details about the Hawk algorithm update that happened August 22, 2017
- Updated the section on the Local Filter since I now know way more about how it works and how it decides who gets filtered if it’s related to proximity (2 businesses near each other).
- Did a competitor get you filtered? Here is a trick to get unfiltered if the thing that’s causing it is a related business that’s in the same building or near you.
- What you need to know about Google updates that show up in the Google My Business dashboard. Where do they come from and what do they mean when it doesn’t show you what updated?
- Updated the list of Google My Business category changes in 2017. Google added 20 new categories in the last 4 months.
- Did you know that calls that come from 3-pack ads aren’t tracked as conversions in either AdWords or Analytics (if you’re using dynamic call insertion). There is way to track these calls so you are getting the proper attribution and know how many of your Google My Business calls are actually coming from ads.
- Added a trick to see Q&A on desktop.
- What a home-based service-area business should do to avoid getting removed from the local results when Home Service Ads expand to their area.
- Google is removing service area business listings from the local results even when home service ads aren’t present yet. Here is an example.
- How can you tell if Home Service Ads are to blame for your listing not ranking? Here are 2 tricks/tips that will let you know.
- Home Service Ads – Why are we still seeing listings in the local results that are service-area businesses without storefronts? What should you do when you see one?
- Google My Business’ response times on Twitter and Facebook are pretty slow lately. I found another way to get a hold of Google faster that has worked well (and it’s definitely not phone support).
- Added a direct link to a form to email Google directly about inappropriate reviews on a listing.